- Check out Dunford in How To Marry a Marquis. He’s got a minor (but fun!) part. Even though How To Marry a Marquis was written after Minx, it takes place several years earlier, so Dunford is still very much a rakish bachelor. It was kind of fun to write his scene, all the while thinking, “Heh heh, you have NO idea what I’ve got in store for you!”
- Unfortunately, I found out that the Brazilian-Portuguese translator of How To Marry a Marquis swapped Dunford’s name with that of the villain. I was aghast! Now one of my nicest heroes is attacking women! (But only in Brazil.) I am happy to report, however, that this book is now out of print, and a new version of How to Marry a Marquis will be published in Brazil by Editora Arqueiro. Dunford will soon be back to his gentlemanly ways.
- Charles Wycombe, the hero of Brighter Than the Sun, is a very minor character in Minx and mentions that he needs to marry soon. When I wrote Minx, I had no idea what his desperate situation was, but I figured it would be a great set-up for another book.
- Rufus the bunny was inspired by my own houserabbit, Rutherford (Rufie for short.) Unlike Rufus, my sweet bunny has never chewed up important documents. (He did, however, take a big chunk out of a Lisa Kleypas novel.)
Book 3 in the
- Explore more Minx Book Extras
- Explore more Inside the Story