The following information is for the use of media professionals. Please use the provided press assets freely in your articles and blog posts. For details about the Bridgerton book series, follow this link.
- Julia Quinn is a graduate of Harvard & Radcliffe Colleges and briefly attended Yale School of Medicine before deciding to pursue a full-time writing career.
- She is the author of the wildly popular Bridgerton books, now a Netflix original series produced by Shondaland Media.
- In 2001 she was a contestant on the game show The Weakest Link and won $79,000.
- In 2013 she appeared in a bona fide MTV music video.
- She sold her first book, Splendid, at the age of 24 and has been working with the same editor and publishing house for her entire career.
- She is an ardent supporter of military families and gives away 100 copies of her novels to service members, veterans, military spouses, and Gold Star family members each Veterans Day.
- Julia Quinn is the author of nineteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers. In March 2021, all eight Bridgerton novels were on the NYT list at the same time, a record for an adult fiction author.
- In the United States alone, there are over 20 million copies of her books in print.
- On December 25, 2020 BRIDGERTON —a Shondaland/Netflix original series based on her most popular series of books— made its debut to record ratings and critical acclaim. Bridgerton reached 82 million households in its first 28 days online and was Netflix’s #1 show in 76 countries.
- Her social media is growing fast, with Instagram at 401K and Facebook at 306K.
- Her books have been translated into 42 languages.
- In 2016 she taught the inaugural romance workshop at the Yale Summer Writers Conference.
Here are a few of the many interviews JQ has given throughout her career. Click over for an expanded list →
The Washington Post
‘Queen Charlotte’ and ‘Bridgerton’ have very different origin stories
May 8, 2023
Julia Quinn, author of the Bridgerton novels, talks about how she and Shonda Rhimes created ‘Queen Charlotte’.
Big Freedia Debuts ‘Bridgerton’ Themed ‘Hey Queen’ New Orleans Bounce Remix
Apr 10, 2023
Big Freedia is redefining royalty with some New Orleans bounce.
The proclaimed “Queen of Bounce” has partnered with Netflix’s Strong Black Lead to create a “Hey Queen” bounce remix tied to the streamer’s forthcoming project, “Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.”
Good Day Seattle
Mar 27, 2023
JQ chatted with Fox 13 Seattle’s Abby Acone about all things Bridgerton and Queen Charlotte.
Julia Quinn talks about her new book that has inside jokes for Bridgerton readers
May 4, 2022
Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron is a graphic novel created in collaboration with Quinn’s late sister, Violet Charles. It contains lots of inside jokes for Bridgerton readers: pigeons, especially.
Gossip Girls: The cast of Bridgerton spills all the tea on a sizzling Season 2
Feb 3, 2022
Bridgerton is intent on having its pastel-colored cake and eating it, too.
See the expanded list of JQ’s articles and interviews →
JQ's Next Event
September 8, 2023
100th Anniversary of the Orange County Library System
event details →
JQ's Web Team
JQ has won three RITA Awards →