The following information is for the use of media professionals. Please use the provided press assets freely in your articles and blog posts.
For details about the Bridgerton book series, follow this link.
- Julia Quinn is a graduate of Harvard & Radcliffe Colleges and briefly attended Yale School of Medicine before deciding to pursue a full-time writing career.
- She is the author of the wildly popular Bridgerton books, now a Netflix original series produced by Shondaland Media.
- In 2001 she was a contestant on the game show The Weakest Link and won $79,000.
- In 2013 she appeared in a bona fide MTV music video.
- She sold her first book, Splendid, at the age of 24 and has been working with the same editor and publishing house for her entire career.
- She is an ardent supporter of military families and gives away 100 copies of her novels to service members, veterans, military spouses, and Gold Star family members each Veterans Day.
- Julia Quinn is the author of nineteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers. In March 2021, all eight Bridgerton novels were on the NYT list at the same time, a record (at that time) for an adult fiction author.
- In the United States alone, there are over 20 million copies of her books in print.
- On December 25, 2020 BRIDGERTON —a Shondaland/Netflix original series based on her most popular series of books— made its debut to record ratings and critical acclaim. Bridgerton reached 82 million households in its first 28 days online and was Netflix’s #1 show in 76 countries.
- Her social media is growing fast, with Instagram at 425K and Facebook at 318K.
- Her books have been translated into 42 languages, the most recent of which is Ukrainian.
- In 2016 she taught the inaugural romance workshop at the Yale Summer Writers Conference.
Publicity / Interview Inquiries
JQ's Web Team
Here are a few of the many interviews JQ has given throughout her career. Click over for an expanded list →
Swoon-Worthy Costumes and Unbearable Sexual Tension: Every question you have about Bridgerton Season 3, answered.
Feb 14, 2024
Every question you have about Bridgerton Season 3, answered.
Dec 21, 2023
An exclusive image suggests there’s hope yet for the Peneloise friendship on BRIDGERTON.
New York Magazine
May 12, 2023
The Strategist asked Julia Quinn about what she can’t live without, and the pen she uses to sign book is on that list. Find out what else!
The Washington Post
May 8, 2023
Julia Quinn, author of the Bridgerton novels, talks about how she and Shonda Rhimes created ‘Queen Charlotte’.
Apr 10, 2023
Big Freedia is redefining royalty with some New Orleans bounce.
The proclaimed “Queen of Bounce” has partnered with Netflix’s Strong Black Lead to create a “Hey Queen” bounce remix tied to the streamer’s forthcoming project, “Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.”