The following information is for the use of media professionals. Please use the provided press assets freely in your articles and blog posts. For details about the Bridgerton book series, follow this link.
- Julia Quinn is a graduate of Harvard & Radcliffe Colleges and briefly attended Yale School of Medicine before deciding to pursue a full-time writing career.
- She is the author of the wildly popular Bridgerton books, now a Netflix original series produced by Shondaland Media.
- In 2001 she was a contestant on the game show The Weakest Link and won $79,000.
- In 2013 she appeared in a bona fide MTV music video.
- She sold her first book, Splendid, at the age of 24 and has been working with the same editor and publishing house for her entire career.
- She is an ardent supporter of military families and gives away 100 copies of her novels to service members, veterans, military spouses, and Gold Star family members each Veterans Day.
- Julia Quinn is the author of nineteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers. In March 2021, all eight Bridgerton novels were on the NYT list at the same time, a record for an adult fiction author.
- In the United States alone, there are over 20 million copies of her books in print.
- On December 25, 2020 BRIDGERTON —a Shondaland/Netflix original series based on her most popular series of books— made its debut to record ratings and critical acclaim. Bridgerton reached 82 million households in its first 28 days online and was Netflix’s #1 show in 76 countries.
- Her social media is growing fast, with Instagram over 384K and Facebook at 294K.
- Her books have been translated into 41 languages.
- In 2016 she taught the inaugural romance workshop at the Yale Summer Writers Conference.
Here are a few of the many interviews JQ has given throughout her career. Click over for an expanded list →
May 4, 2022
Feb 3, 2022
Bridgerton is intent on having its pastel-colored cake and eating it, too.
Nov 8, 2021
The historical romance novelist gives us a peek of her home library in MC’s ‘Shelf Portrait’ series.
The Straits Times
Nov 7, 2021
Julia Quinn, the author behind steamy Regency-era series Bridgerton, laid out a spirited defence of the romance novel in a lively virtual session at the Singapore Writers Festival.
NFL Total Access Twitter Feed
Apr 26, 2021
We did not see this one coming.
JQ's Next Event
February 1 - 3, 2023
Rancho Mirage, CA
JQ's Web Team