The following information is for the use of media professionals. Please use the provided press assets freely in your articles and blog posts.
- Julia Quinn is a graduate of Harvard & Radcliffe Colleges and briefly attended Yale School of Medicine before deciding to pursue a full-time writing career.
- Her most popular series, The Bridgertons, is currently in production by Shondaland as a Netflix series.
- In 2001 she was a contestant on the game show The Weakest Link and won $79,000.
- In 2013 she appeared in a bona fide MTV music video.
- She sold her first book, Splendid, at the age of 24 and has been working with the same editor and publishing house for her entire career.
- She is an ardent supporter of military families and gives away 100 copies of her novels to service members, veterans, and military spouses each Veterans Day.
- Julia Quinn is the author of eighteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers, including Mr. Cavendish, I Presume, which reached #1 on the mass market paperback fiction list.
- She is one of only sixteen authors to be inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame.
- In the United States alone, there are over 10 million copies of her books in print.
- Her Facebook fans number over 176,000 and are growing fast. The largest segment of her Facebook fans come from the United States (39%), followed by Brazil, Indonesia, India, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Turkey.
- Her books have been translated into 32 languages.
- In 2016 she taught the inaugural romance workshop at the Yale Summer Writers Conference.
Here are a few of the many interviews JQ has given throughout her career. Click over for an expanded list →
Oct 28, 2019
Good news: Shondaland has aggregated every actor you’ve ever liked in a small role and elevated them to a lead, put them in glorious costumes and filmed them in some of the most scenic parts of England, like Bath. If there is one show next year that is going to push costume drama glam to the max and make stars out of its cast, it is this one.
Click over for photos of pretty much the entire cast.
DEADLINE | HOLLYWOOD
Jun 19, 2019
Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music star Julie Andrews is the first actor officially cast in Shondaland’s Untitled Bridgerton Project, an hourlong period series for Netflix based on Julia Quinn’s bestselling series of novels. Andrews will voice the pivotal character of Lady Whistledown in eight-episode series, slated to premiere in 2020.
Feb 13, 2019
“The number of romance novels I have read is vast; the number I have reread again and again is about five. One of those is Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn.”
Aug 16, 2018
“All you need is love — a precept romance novels live by with the notion of the HEA (happily-ever-after) embedded in their DNA. But it’s a message Hollywood seemed to forget over the past decade, with mourners tolling the bell for the death of the rom-com.”
Deadline | Hollywood
Jul 20, 2018
“From the world of Regency England all the way to present day Manhattan, we at Shondaland have a wonderful opportunity to explore new worlds and tell these stories in many different ways,” said Shondaland’s Betsy Beers.
JQ's Web Team