Eight siblings, alphabetically named. They bicker, they joke, but they love each other fiercely.
The Bridgerton Series
Daphne & Simon
Anthony & Kate
Benedict & Sophie
Colin & Penelope
Eloise & Phillip
Francesca & Michael
Hyacinth & Gareth
Gregory & Lucy
About the Bridgerton Series
Set between 1813 and 1827, the Bridgerton Series is a collection of eight novels, each featuring one of the eight children of the late Viscount Bridgerton: Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth. I didn’t originally set out to write an eight-book series; at first it was just going to be a trilogy! But readers really took to the Bridgertons (and to the mysterious Lady Whistledown, whose gossip columns “narrated” the first four books), and I found myself rather enamored with the family, too.
After I was done with the series, however, I received hundreds of questions from readers about the Bridgertons and what happened to them later in their lives. So I decided to give all of the main characters an update in what I call “2nd Epilogues.” These stories, originally available as e-shorts, have now been collected into The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After, along with a bonus novella about Violet, called “Violet in Bloom.”
Ten books after the On the Way To the Wedding, I returned to the Bridgerton family. But instead of writing about the next generation, I went backwards, into the Georgian Era, which I’d found myself rather drawn to. And thus, Because of Miss Bridgerton began the story of The Rokesbys, the family who lived next door…
Share the Bridgerton love:
Reader Questions about the Bridgerton Series
- What is the order of the Bridgerton books?
- Why does Hyacinth’s story come before Gregory’s?
- What happened to Posy Reiling (from An Offer from a Gentleman)?
- Do Francesca and Michael (from When He Was Wicked) ever have children?
- Will you write books about the Bridgerton children?
- Who is Billie Bridgerton?
- Why are Colin and Eloise unmarried during so much of When He Was Wicked?
- What is the deal with the ending of It’s In His Kiss? Why did Isabella do what she did?
- Why was there no mention of Lady Whistledown in To Sir Phillip, With Love? I thought for sure there would be a scene where Eloise learned the truth!
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made in your books?
- Are The Further Observations Of Lady Whistledown and Lady Whistedown Strikes Back Bridgerton books?
- Will you ever write a story for Violet Bridgerton? How about the story of how Violet and Edmund met and fell in love?
- What’s up with the Bridgerton Trade Paperback Books 6 & 7 Misprint?
- Is there official Bridgerton merchandise?
- What are the Bridgerton “prequels”?
Bridgerton Series Extras
- Bridgerton Family Tree
- I take Tea with Violet Bridgerton, and Other Mugs
- When JQ First Created Lady Whistledown, A Father-Daughter Story
- Bridgertons Comics
- Inside The Duke and I
- Inside The Viscount Who Loved Me
- Inside An Offer From a Gentleman
- Deleted scene from Violet in Bloom (alternate scene from An Offer From a Gentleman)
- Inside Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
- Inside To Sir Phillip, With Love
- Inside When He Was Wicked
- Inside It’s In His Kiss
- Inside On the Way to the Wedding
- Inside The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After
- Inside The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown
- Inside Lady Whistledown Strikes Back
- VIDEO: Adjoa Andoh (Lady Danbury) introduces Miss Butterworth
- Video feat. Eloisa James: An Offer From a Gentleman