- UPDATE, Fall 2022: BRIDGERTON Season 3 filming is well underway, and Colin and Penelope are the featured romantic leads!
- Did you find mention of some of my “old” characters in Romancing Mister Bridgerton? In the Lady Whistledown columns you can find: Ned Blydon, Viscount Burwick (a secondary character in my first three novels and the hero of the novella “A Tale of Two Sisters“); his sister Belle (heroine of Dancing At Midnight, now Lady Blackwood); Lord and Lady Riverdale (hero and heroine of How To Marry A Marquis), Lucas and Jane Hotchkiss (also from How To Marry A Marquis). Not to mention Robert from Everything And The Moon, who hosts the Macclesfield ball—a very pivotal scene.
- Speaking of old characters, I almost killed off Lady Danbury in this book. My editor said, “Noooooooooo!” and thank heavens I listened. Lady D has turned out to be one of my very favorite characters, and I can never resist including her in my books. She made her debut in How To Marry A Marquis, played a pivotal role in Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, and then came back in a big way in It’s in His Kiss and Just Like Heaven. She has also made brief appearances in The Duke and I, The Viscount Who Loved Me, An Offer from a Gentleman, and When He Was Wicked.
- Fans of Stephanie Laurens might have noticed a familiar name: Michael Anstruther-Wetherby, the hero of The Ideal Bride. But here’s something fun: when Romancing Mr. Bridgerton was released, Michael hadn’t yet got his own book; he was still known as the brother of Honoria, the heroine of Devil’s Bride.
- In the first chapter, Penelope is reading a book called Mathilda by S.R. Fielding. This is from Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas, one of my all-time favorite romance novels! The heroine is a novelist, and Mathilda was a huge bestseller.
- The working title for this book was Mr. Bridgerton, I Presume. Imagine my delight when I finally got to use a version of this title with Mr. Cavendish, I Presume! And to be honest, the title fits that book far better than it would have Romancing Mr. Bridgerton.
- One of my summer jobs in college was working as a travel writer for Let’s Go: Greece & Turkey. I spent seven weeks on Crete, Cyprus, and a couple of islands in the Dodecanese. I drew upon my memories of Cyprus for Colin’s writings. His descriptions of Scotland are mine as well, drawn from my visit in spring of 2001.
Inside Romancing Mr. Bridgerton
Book 4 in the
- Explore more Romancing Mister Bridgerton Book Extras
- Explore more Inside the Story