All four stories in this anthology take place concurrently, and many of the characters “overlap.” For example, Susannah (my heroine) is knocked down by Anne Bishop, the heroine of “One True Love” by Suzanne Enoch, while ice skating. And when Susannah attends the theater, she does so with characters from “Two Hearts” by Karen Hawkins. We sent a LOT of emails back and forth to make sure that we got all the details right.
- Even though Lady Whistledown is my character (introduced in The Duke and I with further appearances in The Viscount Who Loved Me, An Offer from a Gentleman, and Romancing Mr. Bridgerton), the idea for this anthology was not mine. It was actually the brainchild of Karen Hawkins, who put the whole thing together. I had a fabulous time writing it, though!
- The opening scene takes place at a ball hosted by Lady Worth, the mother of Arabella Blydon, heroine of Dancing At Midnight.
- The winter of 1813-14 was the coldest on record in London, and the Thames really did freeze over.
- The Lady Whistledown columns narrating all four stories were written by me. It was rather fun to “comment” upon characters written by other authors.
- To learn more about the other stories in the anthology, please visit the websites of the other authors: Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins, and Mia Ryan.
- Lady Whistledown Strikes Back, another four-stories-entwined Lady Whistledown anthology.
Inside The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown
Part of the
- Explore more The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown Book Extras
- Read more about Lady Whistledown
- Explore more Inside the Story