The following information is for the use of media professionals. Please use the provided press assets freely in your articles and blog posts.
- Julia Quinn is a graduate of Harvard & Radcliffe Colleges and briefly attended Yale School of Medicine before deciding to pursue a full-time writing career.
- In 2001 she was a contestant on the game show The Weakest Link and won $79,000.
- In 2013 she appeared in a bona fide MTV music video.
- She sold her first book, Splendid, at the age of 24 and has been working with the same editor and publishing house for her entire career.
- She is an ardent supporter of military families and gives away 100 copies of her novels to service members, veterans, and military spouses each Veterans Day.
- Julia Quinn is the author of sixteen consecutive New York Times bestsellers, including Mr. Cavendish, I Presume, which reached #1 on the mass market paperback fiction list.
- She is one of only sixteen authors to be inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame.
- In the United States alone, there are over 10 million copies of her books in print.
- Her Facebook fans number over 164,000 and are growing fast. The largest segment of her Facebook fans come from the United States (40%), followed by Brazil, Indonesia, India, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Turkey, and Canada.
- Her books have been translated into 29 languages.
- In 2016 she taught the inaugural romance workshop at the Yale Summer Writers Conference.
Here are a few of the many interviews JQ has given throughout her career. Click over for an expanded list →
Jun 22, 2017
Apr 11, 2017
Grab your earbuds and listen as JQ shares what it’s like to be published all over the world, and plays a trivia game with Faith about Romance novel titles.
Mar 13, 2017
Online magazine Capitolina interviewed JQ about during her recent Brazilian book tour.
Sep 9, 2015
An interview with Julia Quinn, in Portuguese.
The Washington Post
Aug 8, 2015
JQ's Web Team